Tarun Mehta Net Worth is estimated to be around $400 Million equals 3292 crore Indian rupees. Tarun Mehta is an engineer who is also the co-founder and CEO of Ather Energy. You can follow Tarun Mehta on Linkedin. Tarun Mehta is working on the next-generation electric two-wheeler for the Indian market. He is well known for his company Ather Energy which has produced a huge number of electric vehicles named Ather 450x. You can also follow Tarun Mehta on social media, he is highly active on social media as well.
Tarun Mehta Net Worth
|Date of Birth||31 October 1989|
|Birth Place||Ahmedabad, India|
|Profession||Co-Founder and CEO of Ather Energy|
Tarun Mehta Net Worth
Tarun Mehta’s net worth is not revealed yet but Ather Energy has a valuation of $400 million.
Income Source: Ather Energy.
Ather Energy Net Worth is 6090 crore Indian rupees.
Swapnil Jain Net Worth
Swapnil Jain net worth is estimated to be around $40 Million.
Tarun Mehta’s College Life
- He did his college study at IIT Madras—one of the best-known colleges for engineering in India.
- At IIT Madras he met Swapnil Jain who was his batchmate. There were in the same branch.
- And later they both founded the company Ather Energy.
- Tarun joined the entrepreneurship cell in the college while he was in his 2nd year of study and there he got to know the basics of entrepreneurship.
- While pursuing college he was involved in many activities and societies such as C-TIDES, Entrepreneurship Cell – as student President, ASES India, IIT Madras chapter – as student President, PanIIT 2008 – as an event coordinator for Creme-da-la-Creme business plan conclave, Shaastra, technical festival IITM – as event coordinator, and Placement cell, IIT Madras – as Placement coordinator.
- Tarun worked on many projects such as Biomass powered Stirling, Human powered Motor (HuMotor), and Madras Parallel Manipulator (MaPaMan).
Tarun Mehta’s Experience
- Tarun worked at Mercedes Benz Research and Development, India as an Intern for 3 months (May 2010 – Jul 2010). And there he worked on the weight reduction of a passenger car diesel engine. There Tarun learned considerably about engine manufacturing in the process.
- Tarun also worked as Student Coordinator at C-TIDES, Entrepreneurship Cell IIT Madras for 1 year and 9 months (May 2009 – Jan 2011). C-TIDES is the official entrepreneurship cell of IIT Madras which works to encourage an eco-system for entrepreneurship and innovation at IIT Madras
- Tarun has done an internship at BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd) as well for 6 months (Jan 2011 – Jun 2011). Where he designed, prototyped, and tested an apparatus for coal ash testing.
- Tarun got the Deputy Manager post at Ashok Leyland for 7 months (Aug 2012 – Feb 2013).
- Tarun Mehta and Swapnil Jain together founded Ather Energy in the year 2013.
Tarun Mehta Age, Height, Weight
- Age: 31 years
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Shoe Size: 8 UK
Tarun Mehta Family
- Mother: Sangeeta Mehta
- Father: Sanjay Mehta
Tarun got married in the year 2017 in Ahmedabad.
Name: Swarna Srimal Mehta
Want to know about Beerbicep’s (Ranveer Allahbadia) Net Worth?
Tarun Mehta’s LifeStyle
|Does he consume Alcohol?||YES|
|Does he smoke Cigarettes?||YES|
|Can he Swim?||Yes|
|Is he a Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is he a Jogger?||NO|
|Eating Habits?||NON VEGETARIAN|
Tarun’s Hobbies, Interests
Some Interesting Facts About Tarun Mehta
- Tarun was born on 31 oct 1989 in a Marwari family.
- The hometown of Tarun is Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India.
- He has done his schooling at Shree Sahjanand higher secondary school and GLS MK in 2007.
- After the 10th while enjoying his vacation his relative suggested he take coaching for JEE.
- He cleared the JEE exam on his first attempt and got a mechanical stream at IIT Madras.
- A favorite vehicle of Tarun’s his own company produced Ather 450x.
- He loves to go on long drives. Some of his favorite places to go on the long drive are NICE Road, Bengaluru, and SP Ring Road, Ahmedabad.
- Optimizing for strengths is the business mantra for Tarun.
- Tarun likes to read books as well, some of his favorite books are The Silmarillion and Harry Potter.
Tarun’s Journey As Ather Founder
Both Tarun Mehta and Swapnil Jain had an idea for a startup and they came up with a name as Ather which mean Pure in Greek.
At first, they wanted to create clean engines which was a good initiative. Still, later on, they switched to e-vehicles as they were not interested in electronics and embedded systems.
Both Tarun and Swapnil had a great idea but they were having difficulties raising funds. So they took jobs as engineers in firms.
In 2013 Tarun joined Ashok Leyland and Swapnil joined General Motors.
But due to some reason, they left their jobs and approached a professor at IIT, Madras to know how to build EVs.
In 2013 there wasn’t any competition at all so they we very confident in their idea.
They got their first funding from an Angle investor Dr. V Srinivasan, co-founder of big data startup Aerospike, and monetary help from IIT professors which helped them a lot and they build a spec sheet for an electric vehicle.
And after the investment from an angel investor, they got an investment from Binny and Sachin Bansal of Flipkart which helped them a lot because at that they were on the verge of being out of money.
In 2016 Hero Motor Corp invested ₹200 crores in Ather Energy.
In 2019 Sachin Bansal again invested in their company in series A funding of ₹220 crores.
And right now Ather Energy is a successful company, they have launched two models recently Ather 450 and Ather 450x in the market which people can buy in more than 30 cities in India.